Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A pleasant journey through Nora's music

More than 2 years ago when I wrote this post in our Nora egroup.

Jul 3, 2006 - posted in The Original Nora Aunor Yahoogroup

I just received the copy of Superstar 40th Anniversary CD Collection which I ordered online. I skimmed through the selection and noted that it was varied, but mostly ballad. There are old popular English songs, "Manila Sound" and classic Tagalog love songs. Straight away, I imported the songs to my Ipod. I vowed to listen to every song from start to end. I figure it will take me a few train rides to get through the 3 CDs. This morning whilst on my train ride to work, I chose to listen to the Tagalog songs first. My train rides used to be a non-event…same time, same scenery, even the same people I travel with. It has become my everyday routine I don't even notice how I get from one station to the next. Forget about what other people say that these mp3s are robbing off the opportunity to get people to talk to each other and be mindful of each other. I can do the talking some other time. For now and more train rides later, I will close my eyes and enjoy the solitude with music to my ears.

And what a feast of great music I had! The Tagalog songs are beautiful...the Kundiman-like, Tagalog love songs...even my all time favourite "Ang Pipit" is glorious. "Luha at Halakhak" with the short but full of emotion narration must not be missed. The "Daigdig ng Pangarap" duet with Rico J. proves versatility in singing the second voice.

Nora Aunor is truly gifted and I believe it now more than ever when people say that she was well in front of the crowd when God showered us with amazing talents… I'd say she was even in front of the new generation singers we have today and future generations to come… a Filipino treasure to behold. Nora's voice has this unexplained brilliance, her diction is so perfect I can hear and understand every word, even in the lowest of notes. Most of all, I feel each song, it speaks to the heart. Nora cruised through the songs and I just have to let go and I am on my very pleasant journey.

Fast forward to present time...

Additional songs filled my Ipod to almost full capacity but I am reserving precious space for the 10 original composition in Nora's new CD album titled "Habang Panahon". My lovely friend from the US is sending me the CD, signed by Ate Guy herself. Wow! I wait with much anticipation (and not a lot of patience) for that extra special pleasant journey when I will listen to the sweet serenade of the Golden Voice once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment